touch the hotness

I'm a loving, non-violent, spiritual person. Really, I am. It just so happens most things fall outside the level of my spiritality which means I get to shove my Gucci heel up someones ass and assualt them with whatever vehement rhetoric and four letter words come to mind. But outside of those situations that lack cogent spirituality? Oh yea, totally loving, non-violent, and spirutal.

learn more shit about Kitty you don't want to know


I'm just a nut, tryin' to bust a nut. Oh, and I'm her bitch, yea, the one up there in the most disgusting D&G sunglassess I've ever seen.

learn more shit about GNVP you don't want to know

Template by snazzy inc.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Carry Your Heart In My Heart


I was all ready to sit down and pour my heart out about music, and then I ate a sour apple airhead, and now all I can think about is banging on my neighbors door, waking her up, forcing her to open up the sealed box where she put the sour airhead's after I stupidly said one was enough for me, and taking about two handfull's back to my own apartment so I can sit here and revel in the awesomeness. But, I won't do that because sometimes [and this is really rare] I'm actually a kind of nice person. Damn that sometime for being now.

Focus Kitty! FOCUS!

Trouble asked me to talk about "influences" and post a playlist, and then everyone jumped on that bandwagon. She also asked me if I am a Hawaiian native, and to that I say no. As I said in the comments, I moved there when I was six years old from a far off Eastern land, and it didn't take much for me to fall into the swing of island life, the lingo, a coconut bra and grass skirt, and surfing.

Alright. Music.

It's perhaps the one thing in this world that really, truly, and constantly makes me feel something. It's not to say that I'm numb to the world around me, but, as strange as this may be, I feel music. Music is emotion translated, and that's what draws me to it. I'm not the most emotional of people, and I'm far from someone who wears their heart or woes on their sleeve, so music has always been my outlet. What music I'm listening to says more about what mood I'm in and what my state of mind is than words could ever even remotely to justice to, and what words I'm singing that are my own reveal more about me than sitting and talking to me for countless hours probably could.

I grew up with the Beatles, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, and Cream constantly playing. To this day my parents blast the Beatles when it's time to clean up after dinner, and to this day they still stop periodically to dance with each other around the kitchen and living room area. My brothers were constantly bringing home new bands that were popular at the time for their age group, and for once being the second youngest had it's perks. My music style of choice is everything, but there's something about punk and metal that makes me come alive inside.

Cue my band. I started out in a hardcore punk band playing guitar and screaming along all girly style in high school. In college that shifted into a more melodic punk style (which I may eventually post a song should Noah get off his ass and find the recordings), and now at the ripe old age of fucking geezer I'm in a hardcore metal band. I sing, I play the guitar, I write the bulk of our songs, and though I know it will never be more than just a hobby, writing songs, performing, and being in a setting where it's balls-out creativity is probably one of the few things that motivates me through my work-week and to trudge on through my shitty lawyer job.

And you know what? I'm still thinking about those fucking airheads! Holy shit they're good!

Okay. A playlist of the 25 songs most listened to on my Itunes (in alphabetical order and completely negating those artists that are well known like The cure, or the Deftones.):

2 Line Filler: "Home"
40 Below Summer: "Self Medicate"
All That Remains: "Follow"
The Arcade Fire: "Rebellion(lies)"
Anti-Flag: "Die for your government"
Avenged Sevenfold: "Harlot and the Beast"
The Block Party: "Like Eating Glass"
Cruxshadows: "Even Angels Fall"
Dissociatives: "Somewhere Down the Barrel of a Gun"
DJ Spooky v. the Freigh Elevator Quartet: "File Under Futurism"
Eels: "It's a Mother Fucker"
The Faint: "Agenda Suicide"
Far: "Mother Mary"
In Flames: "Cloud Connected"
Jellyfish: "King is Half Undressed"
Jim Croce: "Time in a Bottle"
John Frizell: "My Little Box"
Morcheeba: "Trigger Hippie"
Rise Against: "Voices Off Camera"
Rock Kills Kid: "Miracle"
Samiam: "The Bridge"
Suicide Machines: "Island in the Sky"
Superdrag: "Who Sucked Out The Feeling"
Tea Party: "Temptation"
Woodward: "Days You Come From"
If you you're looking to download any of this shit, or just can't find it, ask me and I'll e-mail it on over to you. That's what friends are for, right? :)

kitty kat spoke at 1:27 AM and 7 people united to combat the evil fucking care bear stare